- 1 How does a substance painter show the environment?
- 2 How do you increase the resolution of a substance painter?
- 3 Can you add lights in substance painter?
- 4 What is anti aliasing substance painter?
- 5 How do you hammer texture metal?
- 6 How do you use Smart Materials as a substance painter?
- 7 How do you add material to a substance?
- 8 How do you import assets in substance painter?
- 9 How do I change the viewport resolution in substance painter?
- 10 How do I change the texture of a substance painter?
- 11 Where is viewer settings substance painter?
How does a substance painter show the environment?
Can be found in the Assets window by using the “Environment” preset. Click on the button to open a mini-shelf and choose a different environment map. Controls the visibility/opacity of the environment textures in the background of the viewport.
How do you increase the resolution of a substance painter?
Resolution. A the top of the window is the size parameter which controls the channels resolution in pixels inside a Texture Set. To change the resolution simply click on the dropdown: To use non-square resolutions (for example 2048×1024) disable the lock button between the two dropdowns.
Can you add lights in substance painter?
Unfortunately there is no way to add lights manully at this point.
What is anti aliasing substance painter?
Not available in Substance Painter. See: How to export the baked maps. Anti-Aliasing. Controls anti-aliasing which can improve the quality of baked textures and reduce aliasing where different geometries connect. To learn more about aliasing see: Aliasing on UV Seams and Aliasing on Wikipedia.
How do you hammer texture metal?
How to Hammer an Even Texture
- Metal ready for hammer texturing should be clean, oxide-free, annealed, and bone dry.
- Place the sheet on a clean, flat, smooth steel block.
- Hammer across the sheet in one direction.
- Proceed to the next row of marks and continue hammering.
How do you use Smart Materials as a substance painter?
To create a Smart Materials, a folder is required. The content of the Smart Materials will be contained in the folder. Then simply right-click on the folder and select ” Create smart material “. The Smart Material will then be added to the current shelf and will be named accoridng to the folder selected.
How do you add material to a substance?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
How do you import assets in substance painter?
There are several ways to add resources to the Assets window and to your libraries, either using by using the Import window in Painter or placing the assets manually in the desired location on the disk.
How do I change the viewport resolution in substance painter?
High-DPI screens (Retina) settings By default Substance 3D Painter downscale the viewport resolution on High-DPI/Retina screen to improve performances. This behavior can be changed in the main settings by changing the Viewport Scaling parameter.
How do I change the texture of a substance painter?
To access the Texture Set Reassignment window go into the Texture Set list window and choose Settings > Reassign Texture Sets. The window is divided in three sections: Disabled Texture Sets: List all the Texture Sets that are currently unused.
Where is viewer settings substance painter?
It’s the little screen icon in the toolbar on the right of the screen.