- 1 How do I import multiple mesh into substance painter?
- 2 How do you load material in a substance painter?
- 3 What file format should I use when exporting my mesh to substance painter?
- 4 How do you bake by a name with a substance painter?
- 5 How do you paint a mesh substance painter?
- 6 How do you mask a substance?
- 7 How do I export mesh?
- 8 What format does substance painter use?
- 9 What files can you import into substance painter?
How do I import multiple mesh into substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.
How do you load material in a substance painter?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
What file format should I use when exporting my mesh to substance painter?
From experience it’s highly recommended to use. Fbx formats due to it being the standard for Autodesk software. It’s also natively supported in a majority of game engines as well as third party software such as those developed by algorithmic.
How do you bake by a name with a substance painter?
- Open the Baking Window (via the Texture Set Settings).
- Display the Common Parameters.
- Change the setting Match from “Always” to “By Mesh Name”.
How do you paint a mesh substance painter?
Its not possible to project a manual paintstroke through the entire mesh, but you can project a fill layer through the mesh. To do this, just create a fill layer, put an alpha image into the base color channel of the fill, then set the Projection drop-down to ‘Planar projection’.
How do you mask a substance?
To create a smart mask, simply right click over a mask and choose “Create smart mask”. When drag and dropping a smart mask onto a layer, a black mask will be created if it doesn’t already exist, otherwise the effects list will be merged with the existing one.
How do I export mesh?
To export a mesh, right-click on the mesh and select Export. The Export Mesh Parts window will appear: The Export clipped mesh option is only available for meshes that are clipped to a boundary. If the quality of the mesh produced is not acceptable, clip the mesh as described in Clipping a Mesh, then export the mesh.
What format does substance painter use?
Author Topic: File extension type (Read 7290 times) Substance Painter is a texture painting tool and spp is just the format used to save your work:it is not meant to be used anywhere else (not even in engines). You can export textures from painter to be used wherever you want.
What files can you import into substance painter?
See below for a list of supported mesh file formats.
- .abc (Alembic)
- .dae (Collada)
- .fbx (Autodesk FBX)
- .gltf (GL Transmission Format)
- .obj (Wavefront OBJ)
- .ply (Stanford Triangle Format)