- 1 What are generators in substance painter?
- 2 How do you use a smart mask as a substance painter?
- 3 Is substance painter easy?
- 4 How can I get a free substance painter?
- 5 How do I start a substance painter project?
- 6 What are filter available in substance painter?
- 7 How do you use blur in substance painters?
What are generators in substance painter?
Generators are substances that generate a mask or a material based on the mesh topology using the additional maps setup in the TextureSet Settings. Each generator has a set of parameters allowing you to fine-tune the resulting mask.
How do you use a smart mask as a substance painter?
Adding a Smart Mask
- To add a Smart Masks, simply drag and drop one from the Shelf onto the target layer:
- Drag and dropping multiple Smart Masks will accumulate them:
- It is possible however to replace the whole effect stack by pressing CTRL during the drag and drop:
Is substance painter easy?
Substance Painter is well-known to be one of the fastest and easiest texture painting programs available on the market. Because of Substance Painter’s user-friendliness, gentle learning curve, and huge online database of materials, it seems unlikely that an alternative will overtake it.
How can I get a free substance painter?
How to Get the Substance Painter and Substance Design for Free? To get the Substance Painter and Substance Design, simply upload your student ID and download the code for the software. You can download the free education license here. The free education license is valid for a year and it’s renewable.
How do I start a substance painter project?
To create a new project click on File > New to create a new Substance 3D Painter project.
What are filter available in substance painter?
Filter Effects are substances that transforms the content of a layer or mask.
How do you use blur in substance painters?
You can blur a mask in Painter. Select the mask, click Add Effect, add a Filter, and select the Blur filter.