Where is shelf in substance painter?
Default paths (Named “shelf” in older versions.) This path is located within the installation folder of the application. It contains the default resources. (Named “allegorithmic” or “substance” in older versions.)
How do you use smart materials as a substance painter?
To create a Smart Materials, a folder is required. The content of the Smart Materials will be contained in the folder. Then simply right-click on the folder and select ” Create smart material “. The Smart Material will then be added to the current shelf and will be named accoridng to the folder selected.
How do you import multiple meshes into a substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.
How do you bake in a substance painter?
How to bake Mesh maps
- Open the Texture Set Settings window:
- Inside the Texture Set Settings window, click the Bake Mesh Maps button to open the Baker Settings window:
- Click the Bake selected textures or Bake “Your Material Name” button at the bottom of the Baker Settings window to start the process:
What is a smart material in substance painter?
Smart Materials are unique to Painter. Aside from tiling, uniform detail, they also have mesh-specific details, that are automatically adapted to your mesh. Smart Materials can only be made and used inside Substance 3D Painter.
How do I export a smart material substance painter?
Substance painter-Save multiple materials as a smart material.
- Create a single top-level group and move all the existing layers into this group (or select all layers and press Ctrl-G ).
- Right-click that group and select Create Smart Material.
- Find the. spsm file in your Default shelf (see your settings).