- 1 How do I import a color map into substance painter?
- 2 How do I export ID from substance map?
- 3 What is ID map in substance painter?
- 4 What are ID maps used for?
- 5 How do I assign a material ID in Maya?
- 6 How do you import a model into a substance?
- 7 What is a Sbsar file?
- 8 How do I export from substance design?
- 9 How do I change the resolution of a substance painter?
- 10 What files does substance painter use?
How do I import a color map into substance painter?
Click the Bake button and Substance Painter will create your color ID map. To use color selection for any layer in Substance Painter right click on the layer and select “Add mask with color selection” and you are ready to go.
How do I export ID from substance map?
To export them it is possible to either:
- Use the File > Export Textures dialog and choose the export preset “Mesh maps”
- Right-click on the a baked texture in the Shelf and choosing “Export”.
What is ID map in substance painter?
This baker allows you to project Vertex Colors, Material colors or Random colors per sub-objects from a high definition mesh to the current model. It can be used to bake zBrush Polypaint or Material IDs.
What are ID maps used for?
What is an ID map? It’s just a simple texture that covers different elements of your mesh with different colors. Like this one made for a chair below.
How do I assign a material ID in Maya?
Maya doesn’t really have an analogue to Material IDs, as far as I know. You just select the desired faces, hold the right mouse button on the material in the Hypershade and select Assign Material to Selection.
How do you import a model into a substance?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
What is a Sbsar file?
A Substance 3D file is a dynamic texture(s) generator, that can be used directly in many applications.It is dynamic because contrary to a classic bitmap file, the creator of a Substance 3D file can choose to expose parameters in order to give control of the final result that will be generated.
How do I export from substance design?
You can access the Export Bitmaps Dialog in two ways: Right-click on a graph and choose Export outputs as bitmaps. Click the Tools icon on the Graph toolbar and choose Export Outputs In the Export outputs dialog you get some options to customize your export.
How do I change the resolution of a substance painter?
Resolution. A the top of the window is the size parameter which controls the channels resolution in pixels inside a Texture Set. To change the resolution simply click on the dropdown: To use non-square resolutions (for example 2048×1024) disable the lock button between the two dropdowns.
What files does substance painter use?
See below for a list of supported mesh file formats.
- .abc (Alembic)
- .dae (Collada)
- .fbx (Autodesk FBX)
- .gltf (GL Transmission Format)
- .obj (Wavefront OBJ)
- .ply (Stanford Triangle Format)