- 1 How do you use smart mask substance painter?
- 2 What are masks in substance painter?
- 3 How do you bake in a substance painter?
- 4 How do you change the color of a mask in substance painter?
- 5 Where is viewer settings substance painter?
- 6 How do you move lights around a substance painter?
- 7 How do you focus on a substance painter?
- 8 How do I import textures into substance painter?
- 9 How do you save the texture of a substance painter?
- 10 How do you export baked textures from substance painter?
How do you use smart mask substance painter?
Adding a Smart Mask
- To add a Smart Masks, simply drag and drop one from the Shelf onto the target layer:
- Drag and dropping multiple Smart Masks will accumulate them:
- It is possible however to replace the whole effect stack by pressing CTRL during the drag and drop:
What are masks in substance painter?
Layers can be masked in order to display/apply their content only on specific parts of the texture. The mask works as an intensity parameter over the content of the layer.
How do you bake in a substance painter?
How to bake Mesh maps
- Open the Texture Set Settings window:
- Inside the Texture Set Settings window, click the Bake Mesh Maps button to open the Baker Settings window:
- Click the Bake selected textures or Bake “Your Material Name” button at the bottom of the Baker Settings window to start the process:
How do you change the color of a mask in substance painter?
Make a new layer (empty or fill), then make a black mask, add your color selection, click pick color and select ONE COLOR.
Where is viewer settings substance painter?
It’s the little screen icon in the toolbar on the right of the screen.
How do you move lights around a substance painter?
Rotating the environment should be Shift + Right click, make sure in the preferences that the shortcut hasn’t been changed.
How do you focus on a substance painter?
Focus Distance This point is used by the Depth of Field effect. The Focus Distance can be set automatically by clicking on a point of the mesh with the shortcut CTRL + Middle Mouse Button.
How do I import textures into substance painter?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
How do you save the texture of a substance painter?
Once a project is ready, go to the File menu and choose Export Textures to open the export window. This new window will allow to export the content of a project as image files.
How do you export baked textures from substance painter?
To export them it is possible to either:
- Use the File > Export Textures dialog and choose the export preset “Mesh maps”
- Right-click on the a baked texture in the Shelf and choosing “Export”.