- 1 How do you import new mesh into substance painter?
- 2 Can you replace a mesh in substance painter?
- 3 Is OBJ or FBX better for substance painter?
- 4 Can you hide objects in substance painter?
- 5 What is the latest version of Substance painter?
- 6 How do you replace UV in a substance painter?
- 7 How do I convert OBJ to FBX?
- 8 What format does substance painter use?
- 9 Which is smaller FBX or OBJ?
How do you import new mesh into substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
Can you replace a mesh in substance painter?
” You can’t add new meshes to an existing project”. I believe you can and it can be really useful too. Three great ways to use what you’ll find in Substance Painter’s main menu: Edit -> Project Configuration. There you can reload the mesh(es) from your scene in progress.
Is OBJ or FBX better for substance painter?
obj, tweak the modifiers and options as needed, and it is guaranteed to work. You can try. fbx, and it will likely work as well, but if you have anything else going on (such as animations or shapes) then things get a little more iffy.
Can you hide objects in substance painter?
Adobe presented a new Substance Painter release that allows users to hide a geometry mask and copy/paste effects. The team has also added UX improvements to make your life easier, but the main focus is new features for better flexibility.
What is the latest version of Substance painter?
Version 2020.2 (6.2. 0)
How do you replace UV in a substance painter?
Go to Edit < Project Configuration Change. Select file, enable preserve strokes and hit ok. It should be ok if you change only the UV's or do minor changes on mesh.
How do I convert OBJ to FBX?
How to convert OBJ to FBX
- Upload OBJ files to convert them to FBX online.
- Specify parameters like OCR and the output format.
- Press the processing button to convert OBJ to FBX.
- Download the produced FBX files to view instantly.
- Send a download link of the converted files to email.
What format does substance painter use?
Author Topic: File extension type (Read 7290 times) Substance Painter is a texture painting tool and spp is just the format used to save your work:it is not meant to be used anywhere else (not even in engines). You can export textures from painter to be used wherever you want.
Which is smaller FBX or OBJ?
Now the results showed that the OBJ file that was converted to FBX was still smaller than the other formats converted to FBX (how ever the standard OBJ file was still the smallest.) Note that this was a small, texture-less, simple model exported from Sketch Up.