- 1 Should you varnish painted miniatures?
- 2 Is Munitorum varnish good?
- 3 How long does it take for mini varnish to dry?
- 4 What varnish can I use over acrylic paint?
- 5 How do I protect my miniatures after painting?
- 6 Is Munitorum varnish matt or gloss?
- 7 How long does Stormshield varnish take to dry?
- 8 Is Stormshield a varnish?
- 9 How long does Stormshield take to dry?
Should you varnish painted miniatures?
You can use a layer of varnish on your miniature to protect the paints you’ve painted on it. If you make a mistake on the new layer, it can help you remove the new paint. Acrylic paints: As you can wash the new paint off with water or alcohol that won’t affect any dried layer, you don’t really need the varnish.
Is Munitorum varnish good?
Munitorum Varnish is an excellent product that won’t ruin your miniatures. In fact, it will become my new go-to varnish, replacing the brand I used for years (a store brand by German DIY store Toom Baumarkt). It has a similar satin finish, but dries quicker and yellows less.
How long does it take for mini varnish to dry?
although a varnish might appear dry to the touch quite quickly it will normally take at least 24 hours to ‘cure’ completely. Before that time there is a danger that it will react with other substances.
What varnish can I use over acrylic paint?
Best Varnish for Acrylic Painting on Canvas
- Liquitex 5216 Matte Varnish 16Oz Multicolor.
- Sargent Art 22-8808 16-Ounce Acrylic Gloss and Varnish.
- Grumbacher Hyplar Gloss Varnish Spray for Acrylic Painting.
- Pro-Art Golden Polymer Varnish 8Oz Gloss for Acrylic Painting-Multicolour.
- Golden Polymer Varnish W/UVLS, 16 Oz, Gloss.
How do I protect my miniatures after painting?
To protect your miniatures, apply a thin coat of sealer. The sealer I recommend is Testors Dull Cote. It is available at most of the better craft stores. If you don’t find it there, check to see if you can find a hobby store specializing in model trains.
Is Munitorum varnish matt or gloss?
Munitorum Spray has a semi-matt or satin finish that is very much like the natural sheen of the paint itself.
How long does Stormshield varnish take to dry?
Not sure what medium GW uses for theirs, but my rule of thumb for varnishes is 30min touch-dry, 1h topcoat-dry, 6h+ fully cured.
Is Stormshield a varnish?
Stormshield is a colourless varnish that you can brush onto your models to give them a clean, matte, finish and seal in your work. Protect your paint and your transfers with this Technical paint. One pot contains 24ml of technical paint.
How long does Stormshield take to dry?
Approximately 9–11 square metres per litre, depending on the nature and porosity of the surface. Touch dry in 1–2 hours. Recoatable after 4–6 hours.