- 1 What are generators in substance painter?
- 2 How do you add environment to substance painter?
- 3 How do I import files into substance painter?
- 4 How do I add a mask to a substance painter?
- 5 How do you use a smart mask as a substance painter?
- 6 Can you add lights in substance painter?
- 7 Where is viewer settings substance painter?
- 8 What files can you import into substance painter?
- 9 How do you import multiple meshes into a substance painter?
What are generators in substance painter?
Generators are substances that generate a mask or a material based on the mesh topology using the additional maps setup in the TextureSet Settings. Each generator has a set of parameters allowing you to fine-tune the resulting mask.
How do you add environment to substance painter?
In my opinion this is probable the easiest way. The first thing you need to do is open up Substance Painter. Under the Shelf section navigate to environment and then drag your file into the area with the thumbnails.
How do I import files into substance painter?
Navigate to Substance Painter and in the top menu click File > Import:
- An Import Resources dialog will open:
- Current Session: This location will be a temporary import that will only exist during this session of Substance Painter.
How do I add a mask to a substance painter?
To create a smart mask, simply right click over a mask and choose “Create smart mask”. When drag and dropping a smart mask onto a layer, a black mask will be created if it doesn’t already exist, otherwise the effects list will be merged with the existing one.
How do you use a smart mask as a substance painter?
Adding a Smart Mask
- To add a Smart Masks, simply drag and drop one from the Shelf onto the target layer:
- Drag and dropping multiple Smart Masks will accumulate them:
- It is possible however to replace the whole effect stack by pressing CTRL during the drag and drop:
Can you add lights in substance painter?
Unfortunately there is no way to add lights manully at this point.
Where is viewer settings substance painter?
It’s the little screen icon in the toolbar on the right of the screen.
What files can you import into substance painter?
See below for a list of supported mesh file formats.
- .abc (Alembic)
- .dae (Collada)
- .fbx (Autodesk FBX)
- .gltf (GL Transmission Format)
- .obj (Wavefront OBJ)
- .ply (Stanford Triangle Format)
How do you import multiple meshes into a substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.