- 1 How do you import objects in substance painter?
- 2 Can you combine texture sets in substance painter?
- 3 What is texture set in substance painter?
- 4 What is texture padding?
- 5 Can you import multiple objects to substance painter?
- 6 Can you import multiple models into substance painter?
- 7 Is OBJ or FBX better for substance painter?
- 8 How do you combine textures?
- 9 How do you remove the texture set of a substance painter?
- 10 How do you change the main shader on a substance painter?
- 11 What is texture set?
How do you import objects in substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
Can you combine texture sets in substance painter?
The Substance Texture Set Merger will allow you to work with multiple Texture sets, which also gives you added benefits such as the ability to alter the visibility of parts of your Substance Painter model.
What is texture set in substance painter?
Substance 3D Painter will automatically create a new Texture Set each time it finds a material ID on an imported mesh (unless a project use the UV Tile workflow). Each Material ID is expected to have unique UVs (or logical overlapping for mirrored geometry).
What is texture padding?
Padding (sometimes also called dilation) is a process that happens after the generation of a texture. Its purpose is to dilate the borders of the UV islands to fill empty areas with similar pixels.
Can you import multiple objects to substance painter?
Substance 3D Painter creates a new Texture set per Material definition on the mesh you are importing. This means you can import multiple meshes from a single file with overlapping UVs if you give them different materials.
Can you import multiple models into substance painter?
In short, you cannot add multiple meshes to a single Painter session. You have to open it up as one OBJ (or FBX). That means you need to “assemble” your composition in a 3D modeling tool first. Assign materials to as-needed to your mesh before exporting it.
Is OBJ or FBX better for substance painter?
obj, tweak the modifiers and options as needed, and it is guaranteed to work. You can try. fbx, and it will likely work as well, but if you have anything else going on (such as animations or shapes) then things get a little more iffy.
How do you combine textures?
This can be done easily with some baking in Blender. First, join your two object together with CTRL J. Create UV map for your bake that include both objects. Then create a new image for your texture bake, create a new material for it, and make sure it’s selected.
How do you remove the texture set of a substance painter?
Deleting disabled Texture Sets Clicking on the cross next to a Texture Set in the Disabled Texture Sets list will mark it for deletion. The deletion will happen when clicking on the Apply button at the bottom of the window. This action is not undoable once the the window is closed with the “Apply” button.
How do you change the main shader on a substance painter?
Update a Shader via the Shader Window
- 1 – Open the Shader Settings window. The Shader settings window is available on the right by default in the Dock toolbar.
- 2 – Click on the shader button and select the updated shader.
- 3 – Shader is updated.
What is texture set?
The main goal of the Texture Set List window is to allow to switch from one material to one another to access the layer stack associated with each material. In case of the Material Layering workflow, the sub-stacks are displayed below the Texture Set name.